Goals and Philosophy
Magnolia Public Schools provides a college preparatory educational program emphasizing science, technology, engineering, arts and math in a safe environment that cultivates respect for self and others.
MPS’ vision is that graduates of Magnolia Public Schools are scientific thinkers who contribute to the global community as socially responsible and educated members of society.
- pursue knowledge and academic excellence
- contribute original and provocative ideas
- learn where and how to access the needed information
Our schools foster academic excellence through:
- project-based learning
- student portfolios
- assessments of and for learning
- academic discourse
- argumentative writing.
Magnolia students have:
- freedom to choose how and what they learn
- individualized scheduling
- support for college and career readiness
- four-year plans
- after school enrichment programs
- STEAM program choice options
- blended learning strategies
- differentiated instruction
- differentiated and adaptive assessments
Our schools provide:
- a community that includes the school site staff, families, students, and all other stakeholders.
- a safe place for all learners and stakeholders to affirm individual strengths, celebrate character, provide academic support through mentorship and internship, promote unity and better decision making through the implementation of restorative justice practices
- a sense of connection to our communities cultivate identity and gives each member a sense of belonging and pride
The Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs) are measurable schoolwide goals that every student is expected to achieve upon graduation from our schools. Our SLOs are embedded in our curriculum, including Life Skills, our instructional practice, core values, as well as, our home visit programs, and daily culture at our schools.